Louise will eat anything

I still haven't trained Louise to stay off the dropcloth in the studio, and am continually shooing her back to the clean zone. Today I took a call, and when I turned around she was lapping mineral spirits and pigment that had pooled under a panel. I know she couldn't have consumed too much, but I was nervous.

Korn came to the rescue and drove us to the vet while I called poison control. She got some chalky medicine, and they shaved the bottom of her ears which had soaked up more paint - an interesting look. Photos of the mod hair another day...











She had rice for supper and is doing fine.

4 comments:

Seth said...

That drop cloth is a work of art. You should hang it on the wall, as is!

Jen Bradford said...

Maybe I'll start a second line of work, ha ha..

kookaburra said...

Oh, she's OK now, right? That's nerve wracking.

Jen Bradford said...

She's doing great. She was annoyed to have boring food for a couple of days, but her tummy needed an easy ride. Thanks for asking!

The other problem in my neighborhood - chicken bones. I never realized how many were scattered about until I got Louise. One solution I read about, if she manages to get some down before I get to it, is to soak a couple of cotton balls in broth or a treat, and it wraps around the splinter.