Fess Up

I am the least domestic person I know. I have lived solo for many years, and have never properly cooked in my life. The idea of preparing a meal for several people is unspeakably intimidating to me. There, I've said it.

But man do I love the idea of being able to do so. And it would be hard to overstate how much I appreciate the wonderful meals friends and family have made for me over the years. I have been taking some baby steps recently, and maybe it will be good to announce my phobia and my goal to overcome it.

Mette has a beautiful kitchen full of items I wouldn't know how to use. (See the whole house tour via Decor8 - zingy colors and lots of white. Ah, Denmark.) Below - me and my friend Eileen enjoying Rachel's delicious stir-fry.

2 comments:

Marcia Miner said...

That is an adorable photo. Looks like a great lunch also.

Jen Bradford said...

I don't get to see them enough, so it always feels like a very special occasion. Rachel is a wonderful cook and an even better Mom.